June 10, 2008

Golf Course or Lake??

          The view of the damage from our apartment.
        What WAS a golf course behind our apartment. :)
                A BEAUTIFUL Wisconsin sunset  :)
          Another picture Bri took from our balcony

One of my many reasons to start a blog was to use it like a journal and keep track of all the fun and crazy things in our life. Now that I learned you can print your blogs into a book I'm even more excited!
So I thought I would document our excitement this past weekend.  Tornado sirens, flash flooding, high winds, etc.  You name it, we had it. :)  It started last Friday when I woke up that morning and watched the weather they were calling for severe thunderstorms but because I have such a weather conscious family (Dad and brothers) they called and told me it was going to be a crazy day.  Needless to say they were correct.  That afternoon we had our first TORNADO WARNING for Milwaukee county flashing across the T.V. I was NOT excited about that because I'm a bit of a "worrier" and I started to get more and more concerned about Kieley and getting her things ready to run to the garage (basement) if we needed too.  Not to mention we live on the 3rd floor of our building.  I was so relieved about ten minutes later when Aaron walked through the door.  He finished early at the clinic, yay!  Anyway, later that evening we met up with our friends, Travis and RaQuelle Willey, for a movie and Travis told us how they made everyone including the patients go to the basement of the Dental School too, scary!  Moving on to Saturday, it was equally crazy!  I for some reason wasn't as nervous because Aaron was home with me so when the sirens started going off for the Tornado warnings again and the weather man said he hadn't seen weather like this in the 11 YEARS of his career here, I wasn't as "scared" but the weather was amazing to watch from our apartment.  It got really dark and started raining so hard so fast and the thunder and lighting was so LOUD I felt liking hiding behind the couch like I did when I was a little girl.:)  The funniest thing was Kieley LOVED watching the rain and the lightning.  It didn't scare her at all.. I know she is still a baby and doesn't understand much but when I went to put her in her car seat to get ready to go to the basement she got mad at me and started to cry.  She wanted me to stay holding her in front of the window watching the crazy weather. :)  She definitely gets the adventurous side from her Dad.  Anyway, after watching our BBQ get pushed by the wind to the other side of our deck I started to freak out and told Aaron it's time to go to the basement.  He insisted it wasn't necessary yet..hehe yeah right!  Anyway, we lived and we are doing great!  
I've decided Wisconsin is going to show me the worst weather it has this last year so I NEVER want to come back to visit. :)  On a happier note I thought I would include some pictures of a beautiful Wisconsin sunset from last night.  (P.S.  Aunt Bri took these pictures) 

1 comment:

melissa said...

I am glad you survived..I remember how scary the tornado's were in Indiana..glad to be gone from there! Hang in there..Melissa C