August 07, 2010

Baby Weekend

My two girls.. enjoying the drive to San Diego watching their individual movies! :)
Now for story time.....
We decided Friday night we were going to take a quick trip to San Diego.  We were planning on being there 30 hours (or less). We (Bri, Aaron, and even Kieley) were just really bored at the sauna home in Arizona and I thought hmmm why not?  It only takes 2 hrs to drive there and I really thought it would be a harmless trip.  I had went to the doctor a couple days prior and he said I was barely a 1 and 30% and it would be "another 10 days".  So I packed my hospital bag and the car seat just in case some magic did happen in San Diego we would be prepared.  We arrived in San Diego around noon on Saturday and went straight to the beach.  We had such a great afternoon playing in the sand with Kieley and walking the board walk and riding the carousel.  Then we went out to dinner that night and had a great steak dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.  Joking Aaron told me if that didn't put in labor he did know what would..Bri and I laughed like "yeah, right"!  At around 3:30 a.m. I woke up with a pain in my back and thought since we were sharing the King size bed with Kieley while Bri was on the hide away bed that I had been sleeping in a weird position so I turned over and went back to bed.  I don't know how much longer it was when I woke up again with the same pain and thought,"wow this is going to be a rough night I can't get comfortable", however, in the middle of that thought I had another one that made me realize oh wait I'm having pains in my back.  So I sat up on the bed and waited to see if I got the pain again and sure enough it came and i timed it how long it would take to get another one and it was every 5 minutes.  So I decided it was time to wake Aaron and Bri up to tell them I had been having contractions and they were 5min apart. Well, we thought hmm it could be false labor..... So we stayed up all night and the contractions continued to get closer, till I decided to take a warm shower then the contractions were every 10 mins apart but much stronger.  Aaron and Bri decided to go back to bed while I showered and they were both asleep so I sat up and timed my contractions and looked out our hotel view of the bay in San Diego it was such a beautiful morning.. it was all so surreal.  When Kieley woke up around seven we packed everything up, called my sweet brother, Darin, who researched a hospital to go to, and Aaron and Bri took showers because we knew we had a long day ahead of us.  We drove to the first hospital in downtown San Diego and I didn't like the look of it.. I can't explain it but I told Aaron no we aren't going to have our little boy here, he looked at me like I was half crazy but it said ok we will go check out the other one.  So we drove to La Jolla and pulled up to the other highly rated hospital and I just felt like this was the hospital he was going to be born at.. I know weird, right?  The hospital was beautiful and it was right next to the San Diego Temple what an amazing view!  We got to the hospital around 10, went into the emergency room and Aaron informed the girls behind the counter that he his wife was in labor and it was so funny they immediately got on the phone and within five minutes I had been wheeled up to the maternity floor and put into a bed.  They checked me and said "Oh yeah you're having this baby today." I was dilated to a 4.5 and 70% thinned and having contractions every 4 minutes. Things progressed very smoothly, and after 6 hrs and 5 contractions out came a perfect little boy whom we are all totally in LOVE with!  It will be a fun story for him to have but I have to admit he does look like a California boy. :)


Daddy and his princess
My amazing little family!
My two favorite girls!
Princess Kieley
My "mean" look at Aaron wondering why he was the one taking pictures? ;)

2 comments:

RaQuelle Willey said...

are you serious?!!! That is so crazy and now I know why the no travel rule exists (he he). At the same time Sand Diego has been your love while living in AZ so it seemed to work out great to have your little man there. (so crossing my fingers your insurance is covered there too!)
Such darling pictures and I can't believe your story, its just crazy and awesome all at the same time.
Congrats!

Laurie said...

My goodness, you are just so stinkin' cute! Now, you didn't tell me you passed by the first hospital you went to! That was news to me! lol.