August 05, 2008

Sleeping Problem...Solved :)

My silly daughter after her afternoon nap. :)

As many of you know Kieley has slept in her car seat for most of her many months because when she was a newborn she had acid reflex and wasn't comfortable sleeping flat on her back so the Dr. and my Mom suggested putting her in her car seat. Well, it has been great! She sleeps most the night, with the exceptional feeding once or twice through the night, and I get to wake up and check on her without getting out of bed. (I have an attachment issue :) However, in the last few months Kieley has been getting stronger and stronger so I have started to worry about her climbing out of her car seat and sure enough this is what I found this week after one of her afternoon naps! It scared me so I started to stress about how I was going to make the transition into the crib because she hasn't ever been a fan of her crib. I don't know why? Her room is decorated so cute. :) The funniest thing happened that night when I was putting her to sleep I went to put her in her car seat because I chickened out with the crib and she woke up immediately and started to cry?? I was puzzled because she had never done this before when I have put her to sleep so I went to Aaron and I asked him what are we going to do?? He simply replied, "try to the crib", huh that's an idea. :) So sure enough I went over to the crib and put her in and she spread her legs turned her head and went to sleep... I was stunned to say the least. I could not believe it was the easy. I continued to check on her every hour through the night because I was having separation anxiety and she did great! She slept all night woke up the next morning and was my happy little princess. I am so amazed that she told ME she was ready for the crib and not the other way around. Kids are amazing!

No comments: