October 03, 2008

Door County/Packers Trip

The two original cheese heads! Aaron's Grandpa went to Marquette Dental School and his Mom was also born in the freezy Milwaukee weather! These lucky girls :)
For over three years we have heard from the "local" Wisconsin residents that we needed to go up to Door County during the Fall and experience the beauty. So we thought it would be a fun trip to share with Grandma & Grandpa. :)
The drive up to Sturgeon Bay was amazing! The leaves were changing colors and it was absolutely beautiful! We made reservations to participate in the traditional "fish boil". It's a Scandinavian tradition up North. Basically you stand or sit outside watching a large pot of water boil followed by a gentleman throwing in the fresh caught fish and telling you about the tradition. It was neat. The best part was at the end they poured Kerosene in the pot to make it boil over all the unnecessary fish germs. It made a huge flame and warmed us up. :)
Standing outside watching our fish boil. :)
Family photo. ;)
Our fish was just poured into the boil.
Dinner is ready!
Aaron and I enjoying Lake Michigan.
Our trip wouldn't have been complete without a stop in Green Bay to tour Lambeau Field.. Go Packers!

I would love watch a Packers game in this suite, it was awesome!

True Packer Fans! :)

The stadium was amazing! I'm glad we stopped to take a tour!

4 comments:

melissa said...

memories..we did the dame tour when we lived in Chicago and drove to Green Bay to visit my friend. I thought the tour was fantastic and Jason got chills walking thru the tunnel. Melissa C

RaQuelle Willey said...

That looks like it was a yummy dinner, yikes! Travis would be so jealous of your packers field tour!

Kason said...

Whoa, that is bizarre, I've seen the Wienie mobile three times in Wisconsin and never in Utah. I wish I could be the driver of the Wienie mobile, that is what I truly wish to be.

Laurie said...

Weird, I feel like I've been hearing a lot about the wienie mobile a lot lately, so crazy that you've seen it too!